Headless Automation with QMetry Automation Studio
Headless automation means executing the automated test scripts without “HEAD” which in this case is the browser. The main aim of test automation is to save effort and reduce time.
With Headless Automation, QMetry Automation Studio (QAS) aims to achieve more efficiency and productivity while automating.
Command Line (CLI) Mode
- You can execute an automation test without launching QMetry Automation Studio by using the command line (CLI) mode execution
- Through this mode, you can run your test suite/test case in a headless browser
- Your engineer can trigger your tests to start executing on the remote machine from a command line
- This helps in running automated scripts on headless system like Linux
- Such type of testing is useful for running tests such as Acceptance Tests, Unit Tests, Cross Browser Testing
- QAS Headless automation helps integrate your tests with your CI/CD system
- Shifting more towards the beginning of the lifecycle requires providing faster feedback to developers. QAS Headless Automation helps in achieving this
- Running without browser/UI means running without any overhead load. This leads to drastic improvement in the automation execution performance
- QAS CLI is ideal for running multiple tests parallelly
- No monitoring is required while the execution is going on. Engineers/testers can give command, start execution, leave and come back for the results