Security Engineer Positions
The QMetry brand provides a combination of tools, methodologies, practices, frameworks and best practices that allow agile teams to build, manage and deploy high quality software faster, with confidence. From the first product launch to the latest version releases and test management tools, we have always traveled the path of continuous innovation and have enabled companies to achieve their digital transformation goals in the Agile and DevOps ecosystem. It is trusted by 600+ customers globally across Finance, Healthcare, ODMs, Hospitality, Retail, and High-tech verticals.
QMetry is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Security Engineer to join our team! As a Security Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing the overall security strategy.
Security engineer is responsible for testing and screening QMetry’s software and for monitoring networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. Security engineer is required often to resolve possible causes of security threats early on by looking at things from a security perspective and recommending enhancements to management.
- Develop best practices and security standards for the organization.
- Regularly perform security checks and troubleshooting.
- Implement new processes with the goal to optimize company's security system.
- Stay up to date with latest security technology and trends.
- Work with the development team.
- Perform regular audits and provide reports to the management.
- Monitor company's server traffic.
- Review? develop and implement security measures for the protection of computer systems? networks and information.
- Define system security requirements and prepare reports on the results.
- Create technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Prepare detailed reports including assessment-based findings? outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Report possible threats or software issues.
- Troubleshooting problems associated to our security and network, including handling any system breaches.
- Testing for vulnerabilities in our system and network and addressing any issues accordingly.
- Implement security measures across the company’s IT infrastructure, and ensuring our data and network is effectively protected.
- Identify and report any cyber-attacks and participate in any resulting investigation as needed.
- Knowledge of VPNs, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, Security Audits and more.
- Administrative duties such as system reports, communications with associated departments, and team support as needed.
- Manage security responsibilities, including firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other security devices.
- Raise awareness of security policies and develop corresponding procedures.
- Investigate and respond to security violations.
- Designs and conducts training for corporate security education and awareness programs.
- Defines security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established security standards. Develop new standards as necessary.
- 3+ years' experience of working as a Security Engineer.
- Significant experience of building and maintaining security systems.
- Good experience in security systems? including firewalls? intrusion detection systems? anti-virus software? authentication systems? log management? content filtering? etc.
- Good experience with network security and networking technologies and with system? security? and network monitoring tools.
- In-depth knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Good familiarity of the latest security principles? techniques? and protocols.
- Understanding of Web related technologies? including applications? services? Service Oriented Architectures? networking protocols and so on.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Plus, point to have Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM.
- An understanding of best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Working knowledge of web application firewalls, load balancers and proxies.
- Experience with the design and configuration of a network DMZ.
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, common protocols and standards.
- Experience with DLP and IPS/IDS systems.
- Experience with security scanning tools, specifically Rapid 7’s Nexpose application.
- Experience with Web Vulnerability.
- Highly responsive and proven professionalism in communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong skills implementing and configuring security components.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain in depth knowledge of security and networking infrastructure utilized by the company including the management and reporting of each.
Other openings you might interested for
You’ve got infinite potential, we’re sure of that. Let’s see where your passion and expertise fit in!
Senior Technical Product Engineer position
Engineer/ Sr. Engineer AI/ML position
Senior Manager - Operations position
Human ResourcesAhmedabad, India
Software Engineer - Java position
UI Developer position
Senior UI Developer position
Software Developer position
Security Engineer position
Executive- Business Development position
Account Manager position
SalesPlano, TX, USA
Senior UI/UX Designer position
Project Manager - Scrum Master position
Executive Sales position
SalesAtlanta, GA, USA
Sales Lead (Europe Market) position
QA Engineer position
Senior Software Engineer (Java) position
Technical Lead position
Software Engineer (Full Stack) position