We are happy to announce a new build release for QMetry Test Management for Jira – v4.0.6 for our cloud customers. This release focuses on some usability and efficiency enhancements.
Among other changes we have introduced the feature to link stories directly to a test cycle. This feature was introduced by popular demand. Previously linking of test assets worked in a linear fashion – Create User Stories in Jira, Create Test Cases – Link them to User Stories in QMetry, Create Test Cycle – Add Test Cases in Cycle in QMetry.
However, many users of QTM4J requested the ability to link user stories from within the test cycles. With this new enhancement, once test cycles and user stories are linked, all the test cases will automatically be synced in the test cycle. This ensures full traceability without duplication and testers can achieve end-to-end test coverage by linking stories to a test cycle.
- Link stories directly to a test cycle. This feature will auto link all the test cases associated with the story to the test cycle.
- Sync test cases on a test cycle for associated stories. This enables users to re-sync test cases for linked stories in a test cycle to get complete coverage on execution.
- Filter test cases associated with stories on execution screen. This will allow users to easily execute test cases for specific stories.
- Bulk operations on test cases in a test cycle are combined in a single view. Using this feature one can perform multiple operations in a single event.
- Create your own gadgets and add them to dashboards. Users can now save the filter criteria which is used to generate a report and save it as a gadget. Once these gadgets are added to dashboards, users can share them as public or private.
- Added requirement coverage report. This report will display summary of requirements as covered/not covered based on their association with test cases.
- Generate all requirements and defects reports based on JQL filters.
QMetry Test Management for Jira is recognized among the top apps for managing quality, reporting and test automation inside Jira on the Atlassian Marketplace. Designed for Agile and DevOps teams that are partial to the use of Jira, QTM4J provides seamless one-tool testing experience within a familiar interface along with the architectural independence to complement the features of Jira.
If you would like to see how you can improve your agility with QTM4J, sign up for your free trial.