The show goes on at QMetry. As our agile teams continue to stay nimble from home and deliver on their deadlines, this week we have a spate of new releases. Earlier when we’d released QTM4J 4.0 cloud, we’d promised that we will release QTM4J 4.0 server and data center version pretty soon and here it is.
In a nutshell, this is what’s new:
QTM4J has been designed with the aim of providing deep one tool experience of test management inside Jira. But it goes over and above and makes your testing independent of Jira’s features and limitations so that you can experience the full features and benefits of a standalone test management tool.
QTM4J v4.0 has a powerful, intuitive and lightweight interface that is designed for Agile team users such as business analysts, testers, Jira admin, project managers. Using QTM4J to manage their project quality, all team members can easily collaborate and work within the comfort of the familiar Jira ecosystem.
In short, it takes the best of Jira and builds on that experience so that you get all the features and benefits of an end-to-end test management system, at a very affordable price.
QTM4J v4.0 Release Notes
- New, intuitive and user-friendly UI.
- QMetry Test assets are now an integral part of QMetry app and no longer require Jira Issue types.
- We have introduced Test Plans and Test Cycles for managing and tracking test executions.
- You can define custom fields for test cases, test cycles and test plans at project level.
- There are granular permissions for all operations at user or group level.
- The release includes project settings that allow customization and templatization of all test assets.
- Test Data Parameterization enables reusability, repeatability and collaboration.
- You can stay on top of all version history and audits with detailed change logs.
- Ability to group Test cases by Folder, Priority, Assignee, Execution Result etc. on the execution screen.
- Ability to assign priority to execution statuses. The test case execution status will be auto calculated as per cumulative test step statuses.
- Enables you to organize test assets hierarchy as tree structure in folders.
- The new release has an Improved sorting and filter search with ability to save filters as public or private across the product.
- You can manage environments for execute test cases against any platforms or configurations.
- It includes a new flexible and customizable test case workflow.
- You can tag labels on all your test assets.
- Includes inbuilt export & import feature for test cases.
- Comprehensive enterprise grade reporting with the ability to filter & grouping data on all possible fields.
- Inbuilt 30+ cross project reporting as per industry best practices.
- Ability to save reports as gadgets on the Jira Dashboard and share them with other users.
- All new Rest APIs for integration with 3rd party tools.
- CI integration with latest versions of Jenkins & Bamboo.